Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Spa Day

Today is Day 4 since my last treatment, and I feel damn good. Besides an I-got-punched-in-the-face-last-night sensation – or do you ever remember making out with someone so hard when you were 17 that your face kind of hurt? Well, it's just like that. And, my neck and my head feel tender, almost bruised.

I was so nervous about this one, this last dose of medicine, because the nurses, and things I've read, kept saying that chemotherapy meds are cumulative. "You'll feel worse after each subsequent treatment, you'll feel more tired, and so on." This time, too, I had to get a Neulasta shot after. It's a white blood cell booster. I've heard horror stories about the bone pain and flu-like symptoms that it can cause. But, so far, barely anything to speak of. Some funky pains in my leg, but I think I just needed a good stretch.

Come to think of it. Chemo day is kind of like spa day. Kicked back in a recliner with my feet up, my man next to me, no baby, a hefty dose of Benny (that means Benadryl), trashy mags, crochet hook with some yummy yarn, and we're off to the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment