Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Retail Therapy vs. Chemotherapy

I'm a sucker for pretty, feminine, special blouses. This one is from Rebecca Taylor, who also designed my favorite-dress-ever that I wore at my wedding rehearsal dinner. My favorite dress besides my wedding dress, of course. Isn't it lovely? I think I'll wear it to NJ's birthday party, and it will look nice with my new wig. I should get some lip gloss to go with it. It was half off, AND, a whopping 50% goes directly to the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation. Sold. I'll take retail therapy over chemotherapy any day.

One thing that's cool about getting cancer is that I don't feel guilt anymore. I used to be plagued with it at times. Guilty for buying something too expensive, guilty for being too cheap, guilty for saying the wrong thing, or for not being nice enough, or for being a bitch, or not working hard enough, or not being sweet enough to my handsome hubby or blah blah blah.

I'm finished with it. However, it was not a conscious choice. It was a switch that turned off more than anything. Just a magic switch.

It's kind of awesome. (Honey, if you're reading this, don't you like it? I think you should buy something for yourself too. wink wink. love you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment